Going on a school trip can be really exciting, but it’s also important to pack the right things. What should you bring? What shouldn’t you bring? What are some of your favorite items to pack for a day or overnight stay? These questions and more will be answered in this blog post!
What to bring during a school trip?
First, you should start with a list of the items that your teacher or group leader tells you to bring. If they don’t give you any specific recommendations, follow this handy checklist:
- A reusable water bottle (with plenty of water) and snacks. It’s important to stay hydrated and fed on a trip, and many schools provide snacks.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses for sunny days. Sunscreen if it is sunny outside! There’s nothing worse than sunburn when you’re out having fun.
- A change of clothes in case the weather changes or something spills on your clothing. The right shoes for what you’ll be doing (rain boots for outdoor trips, dress shoes for a museum).
- A rain jacket or umbrella for rainy days.
- Small bags for carrying things like souvenirs you buy on the trip (and even snacks if they don’t provide them).
- A camera to take pictures of your experience! Don’t forget chargers and batteries! A charger will make sure that your phone is ready when you need it, instead of searching around for a place to plugin.
- A first aid kit is always a good idea, just in case.
- Headphones for if you want some alone time or need quiet during the trip. Don’t forget your chargers! And extra batteries never hurt either. Your phone will be important on the trip so keep it charged and ready.
- Toiletries including toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo and soap. This helps you stay clean!
- Plastic bag for dirty clothe or wet clothing.
- What to bring for an overnight school trip?
- For a longer stay at your destination, you’ll need even more things! Be prepared with these additional items: A sleeping bag and pillow (if the rental doesn’t provide them).
- Towel (if the rental doesn’t provide them).
- Sleeping clothes (and pajamas if you like to change at night) for sleeping.
What not bring during a school trip?
There are lots of items that people like to bring on trips, but aren’t necessary and can take up space in your bag or cause problems for you:
- Electronics (other than to take photos), expensive items (anything over $100 should stay at home), or anything you don’t want to be broken or lost.
- Jewelry or anything that can break or ruin easily.
- Anything you don’t want to get wet, like makeup if it is raining outside! Don’t bring stuff you are worried about getting ruined on the trip.
As you can see, there’s really not too much that needs to be brought on a school trip! Remember all of these tips and tricks for your next school trip. Also, don’t forget safety first, so discuss your itinerary with your parents and your school should hire a coach hire company that quality and professional services like https://brisbanecoachcompany.com.au/.